about us | Naperville Tutoring
Essential study skills, love of learning, & academic scholarship
Customized, Personalized Expertise
Since 1987, Naperville Tutoring has used cognitive learning techniques and teaching essential study skills, designed by proven education experts and based on scientific research on how students actually learn. We use these techniques to help students develop more effective ways of thinking, concentrating, listening and remembering. Understanding concepts, how to integrate and apply them, and also retain new information allows our students to excel.
If you think your son or daughter may need assistance in goal-setting, developing organizational skills, learning effective study habits, and tutoring in various subjects, we would be happy to help. We believe strengthening the foundation in education, in any field, will provide success in life skills.
We provide 60 minutes of One-on-One tutoring, with undivided attention at every tutoring session. Your child will work with a highly qualified certified teacher. As your son's or daughter's tutor, we strive to help them develop skills they need to obtain high grades, test well, and use good study skills, while enjoying learning the subject they receive help in.
• Helps your son or daughter achieve their full academic potential
• Provides targeted customized tutoring, focused on subject(s) of greatest individual need
• Achieves excellent academic performance
- • Study Skills strategies and tips for time management, note taking, remembering difficult reading material and test preparation are not only effective, but essential.
• Flexible | Change of materials as required
• Provides support which encourages and motivates your child
• Naperville Tutoring strives to help each student develop a love for learning, giving consideration to each student's learning style and their preferred learning modality, in our customized approach.
• We work with all student levels, including ADHD, special needs and Honors/AP students.
College Preparation | SAT PREP, ACT PREP & SUMMIT ACT PREP ™
• We find high school students & their parents think about real dollar savings opportunities for college and university academic scholarships.
• Extensive experience for helping your son & daughter in regular, AP & Honors Courses
• Comprehensive ACT PREP, SUMMIT ACT PREP ™ & SAT Preparation for College Readiness
• Authentic SAT and ACT retired tests for actual results. Actual ACT & SAT tests provide the best measurement versus tests created by tutoring organizations who have published their own. Accurate SAT & ACT practice test results give you accurate diagnosis.• Proven paradigm of effective ACT & SAT TEST PREP
• Rewarded by many students who received $10,000+ per year to full-ride scholarships
• Help students achieve "Direct Admission" at University & School of their choice
Individualized and customized help in our SAT & ACT PREP.
We realize this is a high stakes test. We guarantee ACT PREP expertise
You will be in good hands with Naperville Tutoring's SAT & ACT PREP
© 2017 - 2018 SMS Design, Inc.™ All rights reserved
Naperville Tutoring & SUMMIT ACT PREP ™
why choose us?
The Naperville Tutoring ADVANTAGE
Releasing Your Child's Full Academic Potential
Many families who may not know us would like to know how our students and parents view our services. We hope these references will give you more confidence in us and comfort with our services. Most parents find us on the High School Guidance Department resource lists in Naperville School Districts, 203 and 204, Benet Academy, St. Francis Catholic, Montini Catholic, Lisle, and North & South Plainfield High Schools.
Here are a some of their comments.
We have over 30 years in tutoring serving Naperville Area Schools, both District 203 and 204. We are honored to serve Naperville Middle Schools, Naperville Central High School & Naperville North High School in Naperville Community Unit School District 203; Metea Valley High School, Neuqua Valley High School, & Waubonsie Valley High School in Indian Prairie School District 204; Benet Academy, St. Francis High School, Joliet Catholic High School, Montini Catholic High School, Xavier College Prep High School, Palm Desert, CA, Downers Grove South and North High Schools, Lisle, North, Central, South Plainfield, North Plainfield, East Plainfield, Somonauk High School, Ottawa, Oswego High School, Wheaton Academy, & Wheaton North High School.
Students from all schools anywhere in the U.S. are welcome. We offer SKYPE & FaceTime tutoring for Online instruction.
We provide tutoring in Subject Area, AP / Honors, ACT PREP, SAT PREP, SUMMIT ACT & SUMMIT SAT PREP ™ Online and in-person.
Students we tutor reward us with improved performance, admissions into the universities & colleges of their choice. Many are awarded academic scholarships based on their GPA & ACT or SAT test scores.
We understand the impact of ACT Test Composite score and the SAT Test results for students and their families.
We tutor mainstream courses in Middle and High school curriculum along with AP/ Honors classes.
Naperville Tutoring strives to help each student develop a love for learning, giving consideration to each student's learning style and their preferred learning modality, in our customized approach. We work with all student levels, including ADHD, special needs and Honors/AP students.
Joan Kaliher | Founder & Principal
Joan Geyer Kaliher, Certified Illinois Teacher, began her career at Naperville Tutoring in 1987. Over the last three decades she has guided hundreds of families to successful experiences with subject tutoring and standardized tests. She taught in Michigan, California and Illinois. Joan has tutored in the Naperville area schools and has experienced One-on-One private tutoring, small & large group classes which can change a floundering or frustrating student experience to a positive direction.
She holds a Bachelors of Science from Central Michigan University; Math and Science Major, and a partial MBA from Michigan State University.
She loves working with middle school and high schoolers, taught in the Chicago Literacy Reading Program, has a sense of caring, enthusiasm, humor and desire to provide high quality education.
Joan is the founding CEO of Naperville Tutoring, where she leads the development of innovative SAT & ACT PREP programs to enable High School Juniors and Seniors to access competitive Universities of their choice and often with scholarships awarded. Joan oversees one-on-one and small group class programs and enjoys the opportunity to work with both families and students.
Prior to Naperville Tutoring, Joan was a Math and Science teacher, worked at IBM Corporation in Sales, Marketing, Channel Operations, Education, Sales and Technical OS/2 2.0 Instructor/Developer | Created & Managed an Education Program - Adopted Nationally at IBM.
Joan provides students comprehensive ACT PREP instruction in English grammar and punctuation required for high scores in the English ACT Test. (we see composite scores move up 5-10 points in English; English composite scores soar to 34-35)
Joan loves seeing students succeed in their quest for higher SAT and ACT scores. She understands this is a life-changing event for students, affecting their college choices and career.
• Naperville Indian Prairie School District 204 & in Lisle District 202
• Fountain Valley School District, CA | Supervised student teachers
• Long Beach Unified School District, CA
• Utica Community Schools, Michigan
• IBM Corporation Sales, Marketing, Channel Operations, Education, Sales and Technical OS/2 2.0 Instructor/Developer
• Developed IBM Sales Training Programs, adopted nationally
Paul Kaliher | Founder & Principal
Paul holds a B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Minnesota and an M.B.A. from University of St. Thomas.
He was honored as "Valedictorian" and scored in the "99th percentile on his GMAT". Paul has the ability to absorb large amounts of information in a short time and produce quality results from that information. He has a solid understanding of, and a passion for education, technology and business.
Paul's warm personality fits well with students. He provides clear understanding of complex concepts in Math & Science, providing multiple approaches to help students recall & test well.
Prior to tutoring Naperville area and out-of-state students, Paul had a career of accomplishment in
• Business and Product line Management
• V.P. Strategic Marketing, North American and International Marketing
• Acquisition analysis
• Trained 1,000+ employees in technical aspects of medical, telecommunications and control products
• Electronics Engineering
• New product design and development
RAISE YOUR SAT and ACT TEST Results
in home convenience
Start Your SAT & ACT PREP ™
More About Classes
How we feel
As your tutor(s), we are honored to help you accomplish your short and longer range goals for your SAT & ACT Test score.
Our passion is to influence, develop and preserve a strong positive attitude and a love of learning. By strengthening your skills in all subject areas, English, Math, Reading and Science, you will improve your results in the SAT & ACT Test as well as improve your academic skills in high school, college and in life.
We provide test strategies in each subject area, improving student's radar in detection of the various type-cast questions. Each student learns how to identify when the test question may detour, side-track or attempt to trick them, leading them to select the incorrect answer. Test Strategies can impact a student's pacing, accuracy, focus and potential to further excel on the SAT & ACT test.
Confidence leads to improvement of all SAT & ACT Subject areas of English, Math, Reading, Writing and Science, resulting in a higher test score.